Thursday, January 23, 2020

The Cube Attain on Zwift

Using my standard 8 speed training bike on Zwift it was never quite right, the 8 speed gear change was always clunky, the changes were never clean or quick, I found myself having to adjust all the time. Switching over to the Ribble Sportive, I found the same clumsiness and was getting disappointed with the Elite. Then I tried the cube which is 11 speed, the gear changing was much smoother, not perfect but definitely better.

when using the Elite Muin b+ I realised I was missing the resistances, don't get me wrong, it's a good smart training, but it does lack the resistance settings and as I get fitter, it becomes too easy to pedal. 
So with that thought bothering me, I decided to buy the Elite Suito smart trainer which has the usual cadence and speed measurements but also gives you your heart rate and more importantly, resistance!

The Muin b+ is now sitting in my shed as a spare trainer and I'm regularly using the Suito. I have fitted the cube to the Suito it's still not the smoothest with gear changing, but it will do. On top of that and probably as a result of the clumsiness, my front changer on the Cube is playing up and has decided that it is not prepared to change up! So for the next few days I shall be trying to re-adjust my front derailleur. ...This is now fixed and was just a simple bit of front derailleur adjustment.

Looking at the Cube overall I think it probably needs a good service. I bought last year for around a thousand pounds and because of that I don't want to mess about with it too much. But I can do the basics on it and if it requires more serious work, I'm quite happy to pay for a professional to work on it should it be required. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Bluetooth & Ant/Dongle on Zwift