Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Getting Started

Well the first thing is of course to have a bike, be it road bike, mountain bike , any bike! When starting out bikes can be expensive, they can range from a few to thousands of pounds/dollars etc. My only advice would be get a reasonable alloy frame, don't bother carbon at this stage, just a good strong alloy frame that's reasonably light weight. Components etc you can change, but a new frame will cost, so get a good one to start with.

Get out enjoy the bike ride experience, go your own pace and get the feel of cycling, it's fun, so enjoy it! Once your happy riding about try and get in routine of riding every day or every other day so your body gets used to a bit of exercise. Getting to do regular exercise to start with, is better than trying to exert yourself too much in an unorganised pattern. You will probably end up injuring yourself if you do this. Just take it easy for the first few weeks and get yourself in to the stride and you should begin to start felling a little healthier. 

Remember some common sense here, if you have a medical condition or are  overweight check with a medical professional first before exercising.

My personal experience as I said before was that I have been riding a bike since my early teens. However, back in 2015 I suffered a Brain Stem Stroke which naturally caused somewhat of a setback in my exercise regime! Suffice to say,  I was paralysed for roughly five weeks and it took me around six months to be up and walking and thinking about cycling again. So I will start from 2015, because as you can imagine riding a bike was now completely alien to me, as I had just learn't to walk again!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Bluetooth & Ant/Dongle on Zwift